The COVID-19 pandemic is one of the biggest challenges facing society and businesses. This challenge can only be overcome by working together to prevent the spread of disease and to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for workers working from home and those returning to their normal work. This section provides guidelines, awareness-raising material, and additional links on this topic.
Due to quarantine during the COVID ‑ 19 pandemic, millions of European workers have to work from home to minimize the risk of spreading the virus. The new situation can negatively affect our physical and mental health. These guidelines explain how people can effectively protect themselves while working from home. Visit us at covid-19 workplace guidelines osha.
To prevent respiratory infections, including infection with the new coronavirus, daily hygiene measures are effective, but must be followed consistently.
Employees who fall ill should stay at home.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, especially after sneezing and / or coughing.
- If water and soap are not available, use a dedicated hand sanitizer with at least 60% ethanol to disinfect the hands.
- Before coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or cough and sneeze into the top of your sleeve and not into your palm.
- Be careful not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth with your hands.
- In case we get sick, we stay home.